Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Westin Lombard Yorktown Center Wedding Facility


Banquet halls are wonderful for their ability to handle large crowds really effectively, but they are not always chock full of charm.  Well, just recently I played for an event at a banquet facility that I found really surprising:  The Lombard Westin!  Officially, the "Westin Lombard Yorktown Center".  As its name implies, it is tucked behind the Yorktown shopping mall in Lombard, and it is a gigantic place.  It is also the last place I expected to find a "room with a view"!  Turns out, there is a lovely reservoir behind the mall, and two of their smaller banquet halls overlook the site.  I saw the Junior Ballroom, and the banquet manager said the room could accommodate 450 people for dinner and still have room for a small dance floor!  I was actually there for a corporate event, so my harp was set up in the hallway outside the Junior Ballroom to greet guests as they arrived (no pictures, sorry!).  Additionally, because the company was going to be having a video presentation, the shades were across the windows, and I couldn't get a great shot of the view. Still, hopefully you can get a sense of the trees and shrubs visible from inside the hall.  Nature!  Right outside a banquet hall window!  I thought you'd want to know.


If you need the perfect music for this or any other venue, please visit www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment