Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Armour House Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Lake Forest

Set up to the right of the pagoda in the Armour House gardens.

This Summer I was lucky enough to play at the wonderful Armour House in Lake Forest three separate times!  The house is part of Lake Forest Academy, and they are experts at beautiful wedding ceremonies. Here, on my first trip, I am set up to the right of the congregation, and that was my favorite position.  My camera always has trouble with light and dark, so I look like I am sitting in descending gloom, but that is not how it seemed on site at all!  In this position, I had my best view of the house, and consequently the approaching wedding party.  

The most complicated part of any wedding at the Armour House is the processional.  It is an extremely long walk from the house to the front of the congregation.  If you have even a medium sized wedding party, your processional music could easily clock in at 8 minutes, no problem. Additionally, there is no easy way for the wedding coordinator to communicate with me once we are set up and ready to go.  With good professionals at the helm, though, the long walk can definitely be turned into an advantage!  On this day, the bride chose an Irish air entitled, "The Gentle Maiden".  It is not the longest tune ever written, so I found two different versions and combined them.  Presto!  Enough variation to keep things fresh.  The wedding coordinator (whose name I sadly forgot to collect) had the best solution for keeping me informed about the processional... she sent her assistant down to say, "we're ready to start."  It was low tech, but perfect.  The wedding was as smooth as can be!

A view back towards the house.  Kind of a long walk, right?

If you would like help choosing the perfect music for your walk down the aisle, please visit my website:
www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment