Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wedding Ceremony Harpist Holy Apostalic Church of the East, Chicago

The musician's view at Holy Apostalic Church of the East

I've only played Coptic Christian ceremonies a few times through the years, so this was a real treat for me.  The bridal couple were both born here, so they wanted the music I played to reflect their Americanism, and then the service itself was conducted in Assyrian, including lots of chanting.  For their processional, we used Pachelbel's Cannon in D, and a new piece that I've not yet recorded, The Nightingale by Deborah Henson Conant.  Afterwards, the couple came to the front of the church and had a receiving line complete with light refreshments served and music provided.  It was a beautiful blend of the old and the new in their lives.

The flowers at the wedding were really very special, so I bothered the busy florists at work and got one of their cards.  They are based in Northbrook, but assured me that they go anywhere.  In addition to their lovely work with flowers, they hung the bunting and assembled the crystal vases on site.  Flowers by K.H. is the name of the firm.


If you are interested in honoring traditions old and new, call me and see what we can come up with together!  I can be reached directly at: (773) 881-0706


The gorgeous flowers continued all the way down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment