Monday, September 29, 2014

19th Century Club, Oak Park Wedding Ceremony Harpist

The beautiful exterior of the 19th Century Club in Oak Park

Beautiful day!  I have been wanting to play a wedding at The Nineteenth Century Club since first I saw it last Spring, and this week I finally was able to!  The woman who manages the facility was planning to host her wedding there, and she had heard me at one of the other events I was in to play.  The surprising part was that the ceremony took place in a room I had never even seen, and it was a little gem!


Here was my view of the ceremony space just as the doors were opened.

This area is called the "South Dining Room", and it seats 100 theater style, according to their website.  I loved how many shades of white there were in the room.  It just seemed so "bridal" and elegant! Additionally, there is an extremely comfortable reception room just outside the doors, so your guests have lots of good options.  


This was the view towards to stage where the ceremony took place taken, alas,
before they were entirely set up.


The bride had a special request: a Priscilla Ahn song called "Dream".  It worked really well on harp, I thought, and created an amazingly beautiful moment when the bride walked into the room. It is so much fun to be a part of that!  If you have an idea for your perfect musical moment I would love to hear it! 

(Renee 773.881.0706!)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete