Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Grand Oaks Pavilion at the Hyatt Lodge Oakbrook

Just outside the Grand Oaks Pavilion

The website for the Hyatt Lodge calls the Grand Oaks Pavilion a "Fairy Tale Setting" and I would have to agree.  This is one of my favorite banquet halls in the entire Chicago area, and a truly one of a kind setting.  Outdoors, there is a lovely patio with towering oak trees above, and lovely plantings all around.  Inside, you no longer have perspective on the trees, as you are in and among them!  My pictures don't really do it justice, but this is definitely a site worth a special trip.  I was set up in the ante room to the banquet hall, which has a fireplace and a nice gathering area, but the light was tricky and I never got a good picture of the harp - sorry!  

Banquet hall as elegant tree house?


No comments:

Post a Comment