Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wedding Reception Harpist, Chandler's Chop House, Schaumburg

Set up for cocktails in the lounge outside the banquet hall.

This was my second time at Chandler's and my impression remains the same:  this is a well run venue.  The wedding I was to play for was running a bit late, and the staff handled it beautifully.  Once the guests and wedding party were all assembled, the event planner, Farrah Singh of Simply Azure Events kept things moving along smoothly.  

On this visit I was playing for cocktails and then moving in to play for as much of the dinner as possible.  I like their little fireplace area outside of the banquet hall, but it is just a little better in cold months when the fireplace can be in use.  They had sunflowers scattered around inside the fireplace for the Summer, and that was cute.  Once I was in place for the start of the lunch service I played the bride's special request, "Fur Elise". This is a piece generally played on piano, but harpists steal from piano repertoire all the time, so no problem!  It was a lovely late Summer wedding.

If you're planning your Summer wedding, maybe I can help!  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment