Monday, July 21, 2014

Riverside Receptions, Geneva Wedding Ceremony Harpist

The ceremony room at Riverside Receptions has a nice long aisle!

This was the second time I have been to Riverside Receptions, and this go around I got to see the inside space!  I thought it was set up really thoughtfully, with a nice area for me at the back of the hall, and good sight lines so that I could see the wedding party getting ready to process in.  

This particular bride had a son who played the violin, and she wanted him to be involved in the music.  No problem!  He and I emailed back and forth and agreed on "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", and I sent him the violin part.  Both he and his mom felt a rehearsal before the day of the wedding would be a good idea, so he came over to my house about 10 days before the wedding.  Everything went smoothly except that, in the many details of the actual wedding day, he forgot to pack a music stand.  Again, no problem.  I had an extra stand in my car, and we were right back on track.  He played so beautifully, and everyone was happy.  

I am always willing to accompany your friends and family if they would like to sing or play an instrument.  This young man was quite accomplished, but I can successfully accompany beginners, as well.  We can rehearse ahead of time, and then run through the selection again just before the wedding.  There is no extra charge for this service, and it is a lot of fun for everyone involved!


No harp music for the reception, but the room is so beautiful that
I couldn't resist a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment