Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Doubletree Hotel, Oak Brook Wedding Ceremony Harpist; Also, Bollywood!!



The ceremony set up was vast.  My harp is off to the right in the front.

This was so much fun.  I had never played a Hindu wedding before, only receptions.  The traditions are quite different, and it was wonderful to see how the bride and groom mixed the old and the new. I have had requests for "Bollywood" tunes before, but have never been able to find a source for sheet music (I do not play by ear, unfortunately).  This enterprising young couple was able to find something!  The site (sheetmelodies.com) did not have all the music that they had hoped for, but they chose four pieces and I went to work. I am happy to report that all of them worked on harp, and the bride and groom were pleased!  Plus, my 13 year old daughter and I got to spend a week watching Bollywood videos (so I could be sure I was adapting them accurately), and that made us both happy.  (Dancing! Romance! General sparkliness!)

My harp set up next to the mandap
where the ceremony was held.

No comments:

Post a Comment