Monday, June 15, 2015

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Galleria Marchetti, Chicago



See the white building hidden among the trees on the far right?  That was us!!
I have a long history with this place, but in a super odd way.  As a newlywed, I lived at 525 N. Halsted, virtually across the street, so I can certainly attest to how the neighborhood and this facility have changed over the years.  We used to run into the owner on what was then a desolate part of Halsted, and our loft had a view of what is now the outdoor ceremony garden!  Over the years, many many improvements have been made here, and the plantings in the garden have grown up to give a wonderful sense of seclusion in the middle of the city!

On this particular evening, it was cold; below 50 degrees by the time I was finished. I doubt very many venues were able to go on with their outside weddings, but we were fairly comfortable at Galleria Marchetti! The garden is on the East side of the property and is sheltered both by the buildings and the trees.  Plus, with the building so close, guests who would rather not be outside can take shelter, and the large staff is always ready to whisk the entire event inside if things get uncomfortable.

The bride and groom for this wedding chose a really lovely little ceremony where they put love letters they had written to each other in a small bottle, to be opened on their first anniversary.  The bride's mother suggested Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" for musical accompaniment and it was perfect!  The bride told me that she and the groom were huge Beatles fans, so she went with "Here Comes the Sun" for her recessional, and I did a medley of Beatles' tunes for postlude.  I covered "All You Need is Love", "I Will", and "When I'm 64"!  It was fun, and fit them perfectly!

Visit my website to see what might fit you perfectly!  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com


A better view of the lush lawn and, of course, our old apartment!



No comments:

Post a Comment