Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Cantigny, Wheaton

It is really hard to get a complete perspective on Cantigny.
My harp is in the extreme right hand corner of the shot.
Cantigny is an amazing spot for a wedding. It is somehow vast and impressive while also being intimate. The park does an amazing job keeping visitors behind the wedding party, so as soon as the bride descends the stairs you really feel you have all of this splendor to yourself.

This ceremony was unusual in the fact that I accompanied two fabulous young high school students. They were students of a friend of the bride's, and they both sang and accompanied themselves with guitars. I always figure that my job in these circumstances is to let the soloists shine, and it was certainly very easy to do with these young men! Originally we had planned to have me fill out the accompaniment to "Hawaiian Wedding Song," but since they were already at my house rehearsing, we also tried "Can't Help Falling in Love" and it went super smoothly. A quick call to the bride, and I was added to that for the wedding day, also.

If you are going to have a soloist for your wedding day, I generally arrive a few minutes earlier than normal so that we can run things again. Safely is definitely my motto for weddings! The boys handled the special music with me nicely, and I filled in with prelude and recessional (Bruno Mars!). Total teamwork success!

If you would like to discuss having me accompany your special guests, just call! (773) 881-0706.

No comments:

Post a Comment