Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Harpist, Revolution Brewing, Chicago

It is a little hard to see with the shadows, but the harp is there on the left.

Located in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, this was a new venue for me.  Their party room is above the brewery and has quite a few windows and lots and lots of light!  The Revolution website has some nice additional pictures of the party space, and helpful information about how many people it can accommodate.  The downstairs area was really hopping when I came through, but the upstairs area is completely private, and actually pretty serene.  The staff were all super helpful, and I was set up early enough that I even ended up playing for the little run through the wedding party had with the officiant.  The bride and groom were concerned that mixing classical music (Canon in D) and a popular tune (What a Wonderful World) in the processional would seem odd, so I made sure to mix things up in the prelude music.  Live music is perfect that way.  No one ever notices, but I am setting up whatever mood you have requested long before the processional even begins.  In this case, the crowd that was attending was a pretty eclectic mix, so it was really easy to chose music.  They loved the Puccini aria I played (O Mio Babbino Caro) and they loved the Pixar theme "Married Life" from "Up."  They were ready to celebrate the newly married couple, and it was all good.  My favorite kind of wedding!

Let me know if I can help you set the tone you want at your ceremony!  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

A better shot of where the couple stood for the ceremony.
I also snuck a picture of the cake for you, because
I have never seen anything like it.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment