Saturday, February 1, 2020

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, The Grand Ballroom (Events by Mistwood Golf Club), Joliet

 


The old ticketing area


Whew. Long title, but super cool venue. The ceremony was downstairs in what used to be the ticketing area, and it comes with some real advantages: a dramatic entrance for the bride, and an insular space that just glows when lit with candles. Also, the acoustics for music are absolutely terrific - I had my amp with me, but it wasn't even necessary. The couple chose to mix popular and classical, as many of my clients do. The bridal party walked to "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, and the bride entered to Canon in D. The event was managed by Mistwood Golf Club, which explains why everything went so smoothly! I didn't play for the reception, but I stopped by before I started so you could get a look at this amazing space. There is also a terrific website with some great video (www.JolietUnionStation.com).


The bride enters using this staircase

A really grand space!!


Please visit my website at www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com for repertoire lists so you can find your own perfect music choices!



No comments:

Post a Comment