Well, we were supposed to be outside at the Herrington Inn & Spa, but it has been a really rainy summer. Luckily, the venue manager, Raquel, is a really capable person, so she called the event for indoors in enough time so everything could be beautiful for the couple! The room layout at the Herrington is pretty distinctive. I played for the ceremony, as you see, then I moved over to the small balcony, and played for the cocktail hour below. It made everything super seamless, and I was able to play right up to the introductions, as all that was needed was a quick move backwards, and the French doors were closed off! I would really recommend this venue for both beauty and flexibility!
In other news, I learned my first Rolling Stones tune, and can report that "Wild Horses" sounds great on harp!
See all my repertoire at www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com
No comments:
Post a Comment