Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Quirky Little Tune

St. Anthony in Cicero


I was scheduled to play a Catholic mass in just 3 days, and the groom called with a request: could I possibly still learn his favorite song in time for the wedding?  It turns out that he and his bride are fans of a French movie called "Amelie" and there is a piano tune in the movie that he had just discovered could be played on the harp.  Youtube was definitely involved in the discovery process!  

Now, first of all let me say that almost any piano piece can be played on the harp, and I don't need special music as the piano version is a fine place for me to start on my adaptation.  I don't charge extra for learning special songs, although I do ask for my clients to cover the cost of the music if I don't already own it.  I also ask for 2 weeks notice, as I frequently have a pretty heavy schedule, and I want to be sure to have enough time to learn the music thoroughly.  Sometimes, though, that isn't possible.  Thank goodness www.MusicNotes.com had the arrangement, I made the time, and "Comptine d'un Autre Ete" was a focal point at their wedding.

Happy bridal couples are always the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment