Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Odyssey Country Club, Tinley Park

My harp near the West Gazebo at Odyssey Country Club

As you can see from the photo, The Odyssey Country Club in Tinley Park is a lovely venue.  My harp is actually on the brick pathway that the wedding party uses, because the ground was really wet that day and I couldn't leave it unattended on the grass.  I eventually set up just to the right of this photo, under a big tree that they have.  There is actually an East Gazebo, too, and they alternate weddings back and forth during the Summer.  That alternation was the problem on this particular day. The bride at the other gazebo started her ceremony a solid hour late.  I am sure my client was frantic, but there really wasn't anything to do.  I kept playing (I always have lots and lots of music with me!) and sent word through her friends that I would be ready to start when circumstances allowed.  I have an overtime clause in my contract, but I would never, never impose it in this situation.  I was delighted to be able to entertain her guests while they waited, and the weather was lovely, so everyone was fairly comfortable.  The music never ran out, both the wedding and the bride were beautiful, and it was another good day.

If you want a live musician on hand to help cope with the unexpected, please visit my website:  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment