Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Lincolnshire Marriott, Lincolnshire

"On the Greens" at Marriott Lincolnshire
So I've actually been here before, but it was too wet to go with the original outdoor plan that day.  This time around, the weather really cooperated, and I think I got to see the site at its finest.  I was working through an agent, Lise Gilly, so while I did not speak to the bride directly, I had great information on what she wanted.  The bride specified 5 songs for her prelude, but that was enough for me to know the types of things she liked and fill in a bit when we needed more.  She mixed classical and pop, so "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" came just before the "Iz" version of "Over the Rainbow"!  The guests mingled under the tall trees, and enjoyed the cold beverages that the hotel had set up for them.  When it was time for the ceremony to begin, I could actually see the bride emerge from the hotel across from where we were set up.  There is rather a long walk, across a parking area and then lawn, so I played a little of "Trumpet Voluntary" and then shifted to "Here Comes the Bride" when it was time for the congregation to stand. It was a beautiful ceremony, and so much fun to finally see the Lincolnshire outdoor space in action!

As a side note, you really might like to check out Lise's other musical offerings.  She fronts a really phenomenal Latin group, Grouppa Cha Cha, and represents other jazz and classical groups as well.  Sometimes, especially if you are unsure what you want or need, it can be really helpful to work through an agent, and Lise is a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment