Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, St. Rita, Chicago

Down front at St. Rita's
I have lived just two miles from here for over 20 years now, but this was my first time inside!  The church is actually part of the St. Rita College Prep School for Young Men, and it is a large, lovely space.  The bridal couple made lots of really smart decisions.  First of all, they had both piano and harp, which is unusual, but perfect for this space.  The wonderful Mike Carso of St. John Fisher Parish was on hand to play piano and keep everything running smoothly.  I took care of the prelude, Mike and I played for the bridesmaids (Canon in D), and then the bride came down the aisle to solo harp (Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring).  When you have multiple instrumentalists, it really gives you the option to mix things up a bit, and I think that is wonderful for the congregation.  Mike took care of the mass parts, while I rolled some chords as ornamentation.   We both played on the recessional, and everything was wrapped up nice and neat!

If you would like to have lots of options, think about adding harp to the piano or organ that is already included in your ceremony plans! I have lots of music that works for two!

The large congregational area at St. Rita
www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment