Monday, October 19, 2015

Cocktail Reception Harpist, The Meadows Club, Rolling Meadows

Ready for cocktails at The Meadows Club

It was a Bollywood kind of week for me!  I am slowly building up my Bollywood repertoire (30 minutes so far), and I was glad to have such a nice venue to play them in!  

I knew that the wedding was to include over 500 guests, so I packed my amp, but I was still more than a little concerned that a single harp would not be up to the challenge.  It actually turned out much better than I could ever have hoped!  This venue features two prefunction areas, and I was stationed in the longer and more narrow of the two. As the guests approached the table to find their seat assignment, I was off to the right.  There were quite a few small children attending, and their parents enjoyed showing them the harp.  After listening for a little, the guests would stroll over to see the other entertainment (a magician and a photo booth).

The couple had selected songs from my standard list of American love songs, so I was able to intersperse the Bollywood songs with tunes like "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz and "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith.  It was fun for the guests and me, too!


The main room at The Meadows Club, still being set for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment