Sunday, October 25, 2015

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Century Memorial Chapel, Naper Settlement, Naperville

Set up at dusk in Century Memorial Chapel

I was delighted to be back at Century Memorial Chapel on the Naper Settlement campus.  The church was built in 1864, and has been lovingly cared for and even moved to its present location!  Happily, it is completely handicap accessible, and sits in a beautiful park setting. The congregational area fits my idea of big enough without being too big.  A small party of 50 people would not feel overwhelmed here, but it can accommodate almost 200 hundred.

The bridal couple wanted to keep things sleek and simple, so I played "Canon in D" for everyone in the processional.  Parents and attendants all walked down to the slower part of the piece, and when I could see the bride was ready to start down the aisle I switched to the more exciting part, put in a special little intro, and the congregation all stood up - this is how I know I have done my job correctly!!

This particular couple knew that they wanted live music, but were not set on any particular pieces.  Once they answered my short list of questions (Classical or popular?  Any religious or ethnic  traditions that we should honor?) I was delighted to pick for them.  This is actually much more common than I think most people would guess.  I am always happy to choose for you if that would be helpful.  Music should be the least of your wedding day stress, and I am happy to help with that in any way possible!


Harpist's view into the congregational area.

No comments:

Post a Comment