Monday, June 12, 2017

Cocktail Harpist, The Meadows Club, Rolling Meadows

Set up outside the banquet room.


I have been to The Meadows Club several times now, and it is always so much fun! When I first saw their cocktail space (see below), I was worried that it wouldn't work well for harp, but I was wrong! The weddings I have played here have all been East Asian weddings, so I have played Bollywood selections interspersed with American pop tunes. The long reception area creates sort of a gallery where guests get a drink and then stroll along stopping to visit and listen. My unusual mix of tunes seems to amuse everyone, and I have had some of the most positive comments from guests at this venue!


This gives you some idea of the size, but there is still more space
in the other direction!

I currently have 40 minutes of Bollywood music, and I try to add something new each season. You can hear how this translates to harp at my YouTube channel. Look for the "Bollywood Songs" playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment