Saturday, June 30, 2018

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, The Joinery, Chicago

A really interesting space with an industrial vibe.

Okay, so I almost didn't post these pictures because I feel like they kind of don't do The Joinery justice. It was a beastly hot day in June, and also super gray out. There is a lovely courtyard area just outside of this room, but it just wasn't much use on this day. Later on when the Persian wedding got going, the whole space was colorful and vibrant, but during set up it was kind of drab. You have to look hard to even see the harp hiding off to the right in the picture because it is so dark. In some ways, though, I think that may be helpful to know about this venue.

I suppose it is possible that the bridal couple wasn't using some available lighting, but I think it more likely that you are meant to design your own lighting scheme here. It is a good blank canvas, and what you do with it is going to be completely yours. 

In this case, they warmed it up with friends, family, and wonderful Persian wedding elements that were new to many of those in attendance. They relied on music to bring in American cultural themes, and chose "I Will" by the Beatles, and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz for their processional and recessional. It was a wonderful representation of them as a couple, and a total joy to be a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment