Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A New Wedding Season and a New Blog




Welcome to my new blog.  My name is Renee Wilson, and I am a freelance harpist working in the greater Chicago area.  The picture above was taken in my living room in the Morgan Park neighborhood of Chicago, and shows four of my (gulp!) five harps.  The harp second from the right is my largest, and generally the harp that I play on all of my jobs.  It stands 6'3'' tall, and has a beautiful, rich tone.  You'll be seeing, and hopefully hearing, much more of this harp!


I play quite a variety of jobs including concerts with orchestras, church services, and parties, but the jobs that send me home with stories to tell are usually the weddings.  Over the past 20 years here in Chicago (gulp again!) I have moved my harp into lots of gorgeous wedding venues, and been privileged to see some really imaginative wedding ideas beautifully done.  I thought you might like to see them too, so I'm packing my camera!  Luckily, harpists generally arrive WAY before everyone else, so I'll be able to snap a few photos without bothering my clients, or compromising their privacy. I'll also be discussing wedding music ideas, and ideas for smoothing out your planning process. It'll be all weddings, all the time, and who doesn't love that?

No comments:

Post a Comment