Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Armour House Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail Harpist, Lake Forest

Set up to the left of the pagoda

My second trip to the spectacular Armour House in Lake Forest found me on the left side of the pagoda.  It was workable, certainly, but I felt farther from the congregation, and I had to turn at an awkward angle to see the wedding party.  Everyone was viewing the harp from the front, which is probably not the most attractive angle on a harp, but I think I am perhaps a little too worried about such things!  Back in reality, it was another gorgeous day, and the beautiful bride choose Pachelbel's Canon in D for her wedding party's walk.  It worked wonderfully.  It is a very long song, and that is a fantastic attribute at the Armour House!  I had plenty of music without making any repeats, and everyone was happy!

This bride also wanted me to play for her cocktail hour on the veranda, and I was delighted to do so.  Guests sipped their champagne and watched the sunset while I played selections from the Great American Songbook by giants like Gershwin and Cole Porter.  Just another beautiful evening at the Armour House!

The bridal couple's view of the harp!

If you need music for your North Shore wedding, please visit:
www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment