Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Armour House Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Lake Forest

The harpist's view of the proceedings at the Armour House!

On my third and final trip to Armour House I was still gathering great ideas for making the long walk for the bridal party seem cohesive and lovely.  Luckily, the bride sent me a list of music that she liked, so we had some great options!  I ended up using two different songs for the bridal party: Trumpet Voluntary and Rondeau.  I started with the Trumpet Voluntary, then moved to the Rondeau, and ended back with the Trumpet Voluntary.  It is a very long aisle, and I am sure the congregation appreciated the variety as the large wedding party made their way down the aisle!  The bride walked to Pachelbel's Canon in D, which is a delightfully long piece that can easily be brought to a close the very moment the bride arrives at her groom's side.

The couple also had a really gorgeous flower arrangement done with petals on the grass.  It marked the spot where the bridal couple stood as they took their vows.  It was so huge that I couldn't quite get it with my camera!


The bridal couple processed to the inside of this flower petal heart!

If you are interested in music for your outdoor wedding, please visit my website at:
www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment