Monday, August 19, 2013

Cocktail Reception Harpist, Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Set up and ready to play at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare


I have played at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare quite a few times throughout my career, but on this trip I was in an area that I didn't even know existed!  Most of their larger party rooms are to the left as you enter the hotel, but on the right they have quite a few smaller meeting rooms.  In the center of those meeting rooms, they have a lovely open area, and that is where I was playing.  It is a dramatic space as it is open to a large dome overhead.  The dome provides lots of natural light, and the walls surrounding this staircase are done in natural stone, which is a lovely touch.  According to the staff, the wedding I was playing for had about 500 guests, but I think this area would be really nice for a much smaller gathering, too. 



The guest's view from the upper level


If you are thinking of adding live music to your cocktail reception, please visit my website:  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment