Monday, June 22, 2015

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Galleria Marchetti

My favorite set up at Galleria Marchetti
Most Summers I end up going someplace twice, and this Summer it was Galleria Marchetti, just 8 days apart!  I really love this venue for two reasons:  #1 it is lovely and versatile and #2 it is extremely well run.  I like to position myself in the back at this location because it gives me a good view of the wedding party's entrance.  As I was setting up, the captain came over to make sure that I left enough room behind me so that the staff could move the chairs from outside to inside.  They actually have a little velvet rope barrier they set up when the time comes to get the move done, and I know it sounds like a small thing, but it is indicative of the level of service you get here.  There are enough people on staff, and they are paying close enough attention that things get done quickly and efficiently.  

The lovely bride was a traditionalist.  I played classical music for the prelude, her bridesmaids processed to "Trumpet Voluntary," and she and her father entered to "Canon in D."  When the wedding was finished, everyone marched out to the classic Mendelssohn "Wedding March."  I continued to play as the guests made their way from the chairs to the patio, and provided a nice segue to get everyone started on the cocktail hour.

If you need some nice transitionary music, please visit my website!  www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com


The harpist's view of the patio area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment