Monday, May 29, 2017

Ceremony and Cocktail Harpist, Cog Hill, Lemont

The patio at Cog Hill

I have been to Cog Hill many times, but always in December, so this was a treat! Our weather was perfect, and the set up on the patio includes a wonderful long aisle for the wedding party to process down.

The wedding party looked fantastic here!


This bride was a delight to work with; she wanted to combine classical music and some popular selections (which is a really common approach these days) but she was a little afraid that she would get it "wrong." The nice thing is, there really isn't a wrong way to do it! I encourage my clients to listen to my YouTube channel recordings, and try listing the music they think they want. Nine times out of ten, it is just fine as is! If there is a selection they feel unsure about, we usually talk about it further and make sure that we address their concerns. If I see something that I think is not going to work, I mention it for sure. A good example is a song that is too fast for the processional (perhaps "Marry Me" by Bruno Mars) or too slow for the recessional. Sometimes the brides agree with my concerns, and sometimes we do it their way, because they have a vision and I am here to make that happen! This lovely bride found that the process was easier than she thought, and we took her list verbatim!

As soon as the ceremony was over, I moved to a more central location on the patio, and continued to play for the cocktail hour. Eventually, the wedding guests had this stunning room to look forward to!


This is the only banquet space at Cog Hill, so you will never
have to compete with another wedding!

Remember, in addition to my YouTube channel, I have a list of songs that I play. No recordings, true, but you still might find it helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment