Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ceremony and Cocktail Harpist, Tree Studios, Chicago

The congregation sits in those chairs, and quite a few more you can't see!

This was a surprising day at the stunning Tree Studios. As I was waiting to be buzzed into the building just outside this courtyard, there was a young man waiting with me, and he was carrying a trumpet case. I am a generally suspicious person, so I chatted him up a little and found out that he was a friend of the bridal couple's and he figured he would play for their ceremony. He was very nice, really, but the whole idea of last minute changes can be sort of dicey, and super time consuming. I was early enough (as was he), so we set about trying to work things out to the general satisfaction of the bridal couple. 


A better look at the plantings along the path.

Thank goodness, in addition to being very nice, the young man played really well. We tried a couple of things, and decided that he would play for the bride's entrance. I thought the results were quite nice, but I would not have hesitated to tell him no if I thought it was going to make a shambles of the bride's wedding plans. We were lucky that we were able to run it by the family and wedding planner in the time we had, and everyone seemed delighted with the idea. 


The indoor spaces are very elegant and refined.

So, I am not sure what the moral is here.... maybe.....If you need someone who is suspicious of wedding guests with instrument cases, but who also knows "Trumpet Voluntary," call me! Sure, that sounds about right!!! Renee Wilson (312) 860.4997

No comments:

Post a Comment