Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cafe La Cave, Des Plaines Wedding Ceremony Harpist



Note the elegant stairway you can use to make your entrance!


I hadn't been to Cafe La Cave in quite a few years, so it was nice to have a chance to play there again and come out with such a positive impression.  This place is super close to the airport, so I had some fears about noise, which turned out to be completely unnecessary!  I don't know what kind of sound proofing they have done, but I was unaware of any noise what so ever!!  The room itself seems to have been recently renovated, and is bright and pleasant.  It looks like it serves as a private lobby to the banquet facility, but it also worked beautifully as a ceremony location!

Easily the best thing about the facility, though, is Randy.  This guy really knows how to run a wedding.  He kept me informed, gave great cues so that I could change music when necessary, and did it all looking super dapper in his tux!  I should probably admit that one of my pet peeves is support staff that look distractingly casual.  It was nice to see someone who fit in with the elegant wedding party, no problem.


The light just streams into this pleasant space!


There was even a little alcove so I could be out of the way but still easily heard!  




If you are looking for a surprisingly elegant venue near the airport, this is absolutely worth a trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment