Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wedding Ceremony and Reception Harpist at Home in Glencoe; Also, Two Brides!!!

The beautiful Glencoe backyard setting
Okay, just fair warning, I was so excited about this wedding.  Granted, I am a huge wedding geek and get excited about all of them, but this one really was amazing.  For those of you who keep track of such things, marriage equality just arrived in Illinois this Spring, so that alone had me pretty excited.  I have been playing commitment ceremonies and domestic partnership ceremonies before now, but I do enjoy having an easy-to-use, one size fits all sort of arrangement.  Additionally, it has been super fun working with long time couples who didn't necessarily think a proper wedding was in their immediate future, but here we all are!  So now to the details of this particular wedding....

The brides chose mostly classical music for their service, with one very cool exception.  One of the brides recorded herself singing "Can't Help Falling in Love With You" a cappella (or without accompaniment). When it was time for the bridal couple to come down the aisle, they paused on the back porch of the home, and the recording was played as a surprise for the other bride.  I joined in and provided harp accompaniment for the last verse, and then transitioned into just a snippet of "Here Comes the Bride", before playing Canon in D.  After the ceremony, I stayed and played love songs while everyone had a glass of champagne before heading out for dinner.  It was truly a lovely celebration! 

Visit my website (www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com) for music ideas, or call me to see if we can work out something really special for your ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment