Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cocktail and Reception Harpist, Morton Arboretum, Lisle

My position for cocktails. You can get a glimpse of the Ginkgo terrace beyond.

I have actually been to the Arboretum before, but always on the other side of the highway at the Thornhill Education Center. This was my first time in the Ginkgo room, and I was really impressed! First of all, I should mention that is was just beastly hot on this particular day, so I think the guests really enjoyed having the option of being out on the terrace, or enjoying the amazing view from the air conditioned Ginkgo Room! The staff expertly turned the public area just outside the Ginkgo Room into a cocktail venue, and everything was set to begin as the Arboretum closed to the public for the day.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a photo of the dinner reception area (as it was filled with guests by the time I moved in) but the view is show stopping, and worth a trip to see for yourself.  

For my part, I try to change things up as much as possible. My cocktail selections include elegant standard by Gershwin, more recent popular tunes like "Marry You", and things you would never expect like "Be My Baby" by the Ronettes!  For dinner, I often play well known classical melodies, but that choice is really for the client, as additional popular selections can be really lovely, too.

You can hear some of my cocktail repertoire on my YouTube channel:  youtube.com/c/ChicagoWeddingHarpistReneeWilson

No comments:

Post a Comment