Monday, July 3, 2017

Prelude and Cocktail Harpist, Stan Mansion, Chicago

I was set up to welcome guests as they entered the street level lobby.

The Stan Mansion was a new venue for me, and it is quite an unusual layout! I think calling this a mansion might miss the point just a little bit.....It was actually built in 1923 as a building to house a fraternal organization (Knights Templar first, and then the Masons). Because of its original purpose, it has an enormous and glorious meeting room!


The meeting room, with side galleries, is really amazing!

The groom wanted his guests to be greeted with music while they signed the guest book, and he requested all R and B music. I took advantage of the opportunity to add some wonderful new arrangements to my book, and you can expect to see some of them popping up on my YouTube channel soon!


The basement or "Lower Level Ballroom"

Although I loved the venue, there are two aspects that I think need careful consideration. First of all, it is not handicap accessible, or at least there was no one there to explain how I could manage more easily, so you'll want to check. Secondly, you'll want to see the "Lower Level Ballroom" early on in your planning process if you will need that space. It was clean, to be sure, but doesn't seem like it was originally a public space, and isn't the same level of amazing as the rest of the facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment