Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Ceremony Harpist, Odyssey Country Club, Tinley Park

The east gazebo at the Odyssey Country Club.

The Odyssey Country Club is a classic south side wedding venue, and we had a beautiful day with lots of sunshine and cool temperatures. The bride's mother is a musician, too, so the music was really important to her, and she wanted to specify as many of the pieces as possible. This is always an option for my clients. I am happy to come with a playlist, and even to fit the most important songs in at the most important times if I can. Of course, weddings do not always run exactly on time, so I always having a backup plan, but I am happy to do my best!

The bride's mother had lots of good choices for me, and wanted to end the ceremony with an Owl City selection called "Hot Air Balloon." Unfortunately, there is not music available for that, so we substituted "Fireflies" and that turned out beautifully!

If your wedding will be at the east gazebo, the harp placement is, by necessity, behind the chairs. Even so, the fountain will likely have to be turned off. For some reason, it always seems like the fountain being on will be okay, and then a gust of wind comes along, and everyone (and my harp) is soaked. Being behind the chairs also lets me get music to the stairs for the approaching wedding party, and then I turn the harp around during the ceremony. It is a beautiful setting, but a little complicated from the musician's point of view! It was all worth it, though, as the bride looked radiant, and the ceremony went beautifully!

If you need someone to work with you on your ceremony's complexities, just email me at reneewilsonharp@gmail.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment