Monday, September 25, 2017

Ceremony and Cocktail Harpist, Venuti's, Addison

Lots of natural light and special ceiling decorations!

This was a fairly complicated wedding, but it ended up coming out beautifully! The groom is a violinist, and a music lover in general, so he wanted to play for his bride. I will tell you what I told him.... You will be under a ton of stress that day, so I don't recommend it, but I will help you if you want to do it. He is a brave and determined sort of a fellow, so of course he wanted to do it! We worked to find the proper version of the proper piece (Ribbon in the Sky), and rehearsed at my house before the big day. 

Once I was set up at Venuti's, I began the prelude with all classical music, ending with Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring for the mothers. The groom entered to All of Me, and then the bridal party followed to Canon in D. Finally, it was time for the groom to play. He and I played through Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder and then, as he went to meet his bride, I picked up and played once more through on my own. It was stressful just like I warned, but he played really well, and it made everything feel very special.


Set up early and ready for rehearsal!

If you or someone else wants to play or sing at your wedding, I can absolutely accompany. There is no extra charge, and the results can be really spectacular!!

www.ChicagoWeddingHarpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment