Monday, October 9, 2017

Wedding Ceremony Harpist, Farmington Lakes, Mokena

The charming path to the ceremony. Normally you would continue to the left,
but on this rainy day we were in the tent.

Farmington Lakes is a brand new venue and it is beautiful. Unfortunately, when I was there they were having their first rainy wedding day, and I did not see what they would consider their "typical" day.


The entrance to the rain tent. The harp is down front on the right.
This is the path you would normally walk to get to the wedding site.

Whenever you are watching someone decide to move their outdoor wedding indoors it is hard, and this was no exception. One of the challenges at this site is that the outdoor and the tent locations are really pretty far apart, so it is not a decision that you can hold for the last minute (chairs have to be moved, in addition to harps).

The tent was one of the nicest I have seen, and still had a lake view, so that was good. The bride wanted a song that was new to me, "H.O.L.Y." by Florida Georgia Line. It worked really well on harp, so I will have that up on the YouTube channel in the spring for sure!


Truly, the tent was quite inviting (and even had lighting)!

The bride had chosen a variety of other popular tunes for prelude, to which I added "Singing in the Rain" and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." What can I tell you? I figure my job is to get everyone feeling better about being in the rain, so I do what I can, and do not shy away from a silly cliche reference that might amuse people!


This is where the couple stood to be married.

If you think live music might smooth away the edges of whatever is coming your way, I couldn't agree more. Visit my website for more ideas! www.ChicagoWedding Harpist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment