Monday, October 30, 2017

Vow Renewal Harpist, Emmanuel Baptist Church, Chicago



The sanctuary at Emmanuel Baptist. My harp is there in the center!

Vow renewals are such a riot! First of all, pressure off, I mean right? You're already married, and it's working enough that you are celebrating, so you're good. You can wear any wonderful thing you want, and who's going to complain? Also, you are probably old enough that you don't need to worry about inviting people your parents say you have to! The list of good things just goes on and on! The wonderful woman who hired me wanted some relaxing music for her guests, and a smooth transition into her processional, a recorded version of "When God Made You." Done and done. I also played the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and actually got to do a little impromptu accompaniment for the wonderful organist who also sang! See? Fun!!

Afterwards, I played some dinner music in the church hall, which was really done up, and just made me happy to look at it!

The harp was in that far back corner. Unfortunately, without pink adornment,
 but you can't have everything!

Do you have plans for a mid-marriage escapade? Call me! Let's talk! Renee 773.881.0706

No comments:

Post a Comment